Wednesday 6 April 2011

Peak District

So I went to the Peak District on Sunday, got the train to Edale from Sheffield and decided to have a bit of a wander before I start my camping excursions. Well I found the scenery absolutely gorgeous and can't wait to get all my gear together to spend a night or two there.

First I found this stream
Then I went through the village to the Nag's Head, the start of the Pennine Way
Followed the signpost to the Pennine Way
Then promptly got lost. Looking back over Edale
Found a quirky bench to sit and have a sandwich on
You'd think he'd never seen a hiker before...
There were plenty of little waterfalls along the way
Looking back along the path I'd walked
My camera really doesn't do the place justice though. 
Drystone wall

I finally found out where I'd been walking for the best part of four hours

Definitely going again soon, might have to make it a regular Sunday thing (the train fares are cheaper on Sunday for some reason lol). However, all this walking (6+ hours) didn't half hurt my thighs and shoulders for the following two days, I'm well out of practise. The weather was fine for most of the day, apart from three showers of hailstones, the third shower lasting a lot longer than the other two and resulting in me taking shelter in a telephone box

Not this phone box though, it was one in Upper Booth
Had to jog back in time to catch my train home or face a two-hour wait, oh look wonderful, it's started raining. Ah well only twenty minutes to wait for the train :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment