Saturday 11 June 2011

Gardening Days

Went out into the garden again last week, things are really starting to come along now. Picked my first strawberry last week and my first pea pod today. Think the potatoes are ready to come up too, I'll have to check these as soon as the rain stops.

Anyway, here are a few of the pictures from last week. The recent rains over the last couple of days has transformed the garden, there's nothing like a good downpour to help nature along :)

First here's a garden visitor spotted from my window
Potato flower, quite attractive I think
My first strawberry
Baby carrots
Left off this blog a couple of hours whilst the weather was nice and harvested the first of my spuds. Charlotte, salad potatoes I think they are. Go nice with dinner tomorrow.

The first of my peas

Sprouts, broccoli, spring onions, carrots, peas and onions in this bed

Strawberries, carrots, onions, sprouts, sweetcorn and potatoes in this bed

View from the front
Also dug over the rockery and cleaned out the pond. Definitely going to have a lovely soak in the bath tonight, can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment