Saturday 28 January 2012

Thrybergh Country Park

Today, after feeling that Sybil and myself have not been getting enough exercise lately, I decided to take us on a walk up to Thrybergh Country Park. It took us about an hour to get to the park, walking mostly on tarmac and boy, are my feet suffering now! It was all worth it when we got there though; the weather was gorgeous and there were quite a few people out birdwatching and walking their own dogs.


Sybil at the reservoir
Half of the footpath round the reservoir is usually closed during the winter; however this year there are signs up saying that a new path is in use. This is to minimise disturbance to overwintering birds such as wigeon, I believe.

Gorgeous weather
As we finished our circuit of the reservoir I noticed a buzzard soaring high up in the blue sky. The usual birds were on or around the lake itself: Canada goose, mute swan, coot, moorhen, tufted duck, great crested grebe, greylag goose, cormorant and lapwing, amongst many others. All in all, a fantastic couple of hours out, however I did decide to get the bus back to the bottom of our hill :o). Total approximate mileage covered: 5.1

No comments:

Post a Comment