Tuesday 29 March 2011

Old Moor RSPB

I visited Old Moor a good few months ago, and just never got round to putting the photos on here for some reason. Located between Barnsley and Wath, this is a nice place and definitely on my list for this year along with the Peak District and Potteric Carr. Here's a few photos from the day out. I went in July but it was quite a muggy day; still, really enjoyed it :-)
One of the many ponds.


A shockingly bad photo of Little Egret spotted from one of the hides. Quite a number of these around on the day.




Some of the artwork around the reserve.




Something for the kids too. Old Moor's playground.



I also saw a kingfisher (yay!) but just as I loaded the camera ready it flew off. Would have been an amazing click. Loads of lapwing and waders about, also saw my first oystercatchers (I know, I don't get out often). All in all a lovely day, next time I'll take sandwiches and make a picnic day of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment